Monday, February 11, 2013

Green Smoothies

Since 2011, I have had a LOT of experience coming up with new, tasty recipes for green smoothies.  A surgeon told me that one of the best anti-inflammatories is spinach.  If you start to calculate the amount you would have to eat in a day, it can be a little overwhelming and you might think that after a few days, you will either be a cousin of Popeye or a glowing green martian.

Last week, a friend told me that pineapple is another great anti-inflammatory...  See link...

So, I decided to combine the two of them.  Oh and I almost forgot...  Instead of using plain organic spinach, I have started to use a product from Amazon called "Green Superfood".  It gives you 5 to 8 servings of fruits and vegetables per day.  It comes in a variety of flavors, but, I chose Berry, since I have been able to sneak it into Savannah's smoothie and she has no clue.

So here is this morning's recipe:

1 cup Orange Juice (Can use pineapple or any tropical blend)
1/2 of a Kiwi
1 Spear of Pineapple (Must be fresh, not canned)
1 Banana
1 scoop of Green Super Food
1 tbsp of chia seeds
6 ice cubes

Blend and drink.  

Hope you enjoy the recipe!

No comments:

Post a Comment