Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I need some chocolate or ice cream or something!

I have had to start to adjust to a "dairy free" life again. I never knew that dairy was an inflammatory and that my love of it was hurting my back.

One of my favorite indulgences... Ice cream or better yet, a milkshake. I found this recipe on Pinterest and I am listing some of the alternatives that you can try to make it creamier or decrease the calories.

Here is the original recipe:

Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie
serves 2

1 cup dark chocolate almond milk
1 banana (can be frozen)
2 tablespoons peanut or almond butter
7-8 ice cubes

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Add more ice cubes if you like it thicker.

Here is the creamier alternative and the calorie version:

1 cup dark chocolate almond milk
1 cup soy or almond vanilla yogurt
2 tbsp. powdered peanut butter (PB2, available on Amazon)
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional, but really filling)
Ice

Blend. Other alternatives, chocolate protein powder (non-dairy hemp version) or Green Superfood (see yesterday's post) has a chocolate flavor, as well.

Both of these are great smoothies and will help your chocolate craving in the morning or afternoon!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment